Gibco™ McCoy's 5A (Modified) Medium, HEPES
General-purpose medium that supports propagation of many types of primary cells, established cell lines and explants from biopsy tissues
Manufacturer: Gibco™ 12330031
This medium will support the growth of primary mammalian cells derived from normal bone marrow, skin, spleen, kidney, lung, rat embryos, and other tissues.
- Contains reducing agent glutathione, bacto-peptone, and high level of glucose
- It is modified as follows: with high glucose, L-glutamine, bacto-peptone, phenol red, HEPES; without sodium pyruvate.
- Includes Dr. Hsu's addition of Hank's salts to enable use outside CO2 incubator
- Requires serum supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses a sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.2g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
|No Sodium Pyruvate|
Safety and Handling
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
Not for human or animal therapeutic use. Uses other than the intended use may be a violation of local law. For in vitro diagnostic use. For human ex vivo tissue and cell culture processing applications.