Gibco™ Medium 199, Hanks' Balanced Salts
Originally developed for nutritional studies of chick embryo fibroblasts
Manufacturer: Gibco™ 12350039
Medium 199 has broad species applicability, particularly for cultivation of non-transformed cells. Medium 199 is widely used in virology, vaccine production, and in vitro cultivation of primary explants of mouse pancreatic epithelium, and rat lens tissues.
- Contains unique components, including adenine, adenosine, hypoxanthine, thymine, and additional vitamins
- It is modified as follows: with Hank's salts, L-glutamine, HEPES, phenol red
- Formulation contains Hank's salts for use without CO2
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Does not require CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
|No Sodium Pyruvate|
Safety and Handling
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. Not for human or animal therapeutic use. Uses other than the labeled intended use may be a violation of local law. For in vitro diagnostic use.