Gibco MEM (10X), No Glutamine
Minimum Essential Medium is one of the most commonly used of all cell culture media
Manufacturer: Gibco 11430030
MEM can be used with a variety of suspension and adherent mammalian cells, including HeLa, BHK-21, 293, HEP-2, HT-1080, MCF-7, fibroblasts, and primary rat astrocytes.
- Available available with Earle's salts for use in CO2 incubator, or with Hank's salts for use without CO2
- It is modified as follows: with phenol red; without L-glutamine, HEPES, sodium bicarbonate. This product is made with Earle's salts
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10 Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.2g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Concentrated forms of Gibco cell culture medium require sodium bicarbonate supplementation, pH adjustment, and filtration at the time of preparation
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
|Storage: 2-8° C. Protect from light. Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture|
|Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) (anhyd.), Choline chloride, D-Calcium pantothenate, Folic Acid, L-Arginine hydrochloride, L-Cystine-2Na, L-Histidine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine hydrochloride, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine disodium salt dihydrate, L-Valine, Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) (anhyd.), Niacinamide, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Pyridoxal hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate monobasic (NaH2PO4-H2O), Thiamine hydrochloride, i-Inositol|
|No Sodium Pyruvate; Low Glucose; No Glutamine; Phenol Red|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. Not for human or animal therapeutic use. Uses other than the intended use may be a violation of local law. For in vitro diagnostic use.