Gibco MEM, Autoclavable, No Glutamine, Powder
Minimum Essential Medium is one of the most commonly used of all cell culture media
Manufacturer: Gibco 11700077
MEM can be used with a variety of suspension and adherent mammalian cells, including HeLa, BHK-21, 293, HEP-2, HT-1080, MCF-7, fibroblasts, and primary rat astrocytes. Gibco MEM, developed by Harry Eagle, was based on his earlier formulation of Basal Medium Eagle (BME). Many other modifications of MEM followed, including Glasgow's MEM, MEM α, DMEM, and Temin's Modification. To allow autoclaving this medium, choline chloride is substituted with choline bitartrate, phenol red is reduced, and succinic acid is added to prevent precipitation at low pH.
- Formulation contains Earle's salts for use in CO2 incubator
- Modified as follows: with phenol red, Earle's salts; without L-glutamine, HEPES, sodium bicarbonate
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.2g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Autoclavable form of Gibco cell culture medium requires pH adjustment to 4.1 - 4.2 before autoclaving, following by sodium bicarbonate and L-glutamine supplementation and final pH adjustment to 7.2 - 7.4
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
|No Glutamine; Phenol Red|
|Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) (anhyd.), Choline chloride, D-Calcium pantothenate, D-Glucose (Dextrose), Folic Acid, L-Arginine hydrochloride, L-Cystine 2HCl, L-Histidine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine hydrochloride,|
|Storage: 2-8°C. Shelf life: 36 months from date of manufacture|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
Not for human or animal therapeutic use. Uses other than the intended use may be a violation of local law. For in vitro diagnostic use.