Gibco™ MEM α, nucleosides
Minimum Essential Medium is widely used for mammalian cell culture as well as selection for transfected DHFR-negative cells
Manufacturer: Gibco™ 12571063
MEM α can be used with a variety of suspension and adherent mammalian cells, including keratinocytes, primary rat astrocytes, and human melanoma cells. This MEM is modified as follows: ribonucleosides, deoxyribonucleosides, phenol red, L-glutamine.
- Modification of Minimum Essential Medium (MEM) that contains non-essential amino acids, sodium pyruvate, lipoic acid, vitamin B12, biotin, and ascorbic acid
- Available without nucleosides for use as a selection medium for DG44 and other DHFR-negative cells
- Made with Earle's salts
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.2g/L), and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|Standard Serum Supplementation|
Safety and Handling
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok