Gibco™ MEM (Richter's modification), no phenol red
Minimum Essential Medium is one of the most commonly used of all cell culture media
Manufacturer: Gibco™ 10373017
MEM can be used with a variety of suspension and adherent mammalian cells, including HeLa, BHK-21, 293, HEP-2, HT-1080, MCF-7, fibroblasts, and primary rat astrocytes. Gibco MEM, developed by Harry Eagle, was based on his earlier formulation of Basal Medium Eagle (BME). Many other modifications of MEM followed, including Glasgow's MEM, MEM α, DMEM, and Temin's Modification.
- Available with Earle's salts for use in CO2 incubator, or with Hank's salts for use without CO2
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.2g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- It is modified as follows: with L-glutamine, Gentamycin, Proline, sodium pyruvate, zinc; without HEPES, phenol red and insulin
- Modified formulation of Eagle's MEM that contains iron, zinc, putrescine, fatty acids, and gentamycin, high concentrations of both choline chloride and i-Inositol
- Made with Earle's salts
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
Gibco MEM is manufactured at a cGMP compliant facility located in Grand Island, New York. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485 standards.
|Storage conditions: 2-8°C. Protect from light
Shipping conditions: Ambient
Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture
|No Phenol Red|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.