Gibco RPMI 1640 Medium, No Folate (Folic Acid)
Originally developed to culture human leukemic cells in suspension and as a monolayer
Manufacturer: Gibco 27016021
Roswell Park Memorial Institute (RPMI) 1640 medium has since been found suitable for a variety of mammalian cells including HeLa, Jurkat, MCF-7, PC12, PBMC, astrocytes and carcinomas.
- RPMI is modified as follows: with L-glutamine, phenol red; without HEPES, folic acid
- Gibco RPMI 1640 is unique from other media because it contains reducing agent glutathione and high concentrations of vitamins
- Contains biotin, vitamin B12 and PABA which are not found in Eagle's Minimal Essential Medium or Dulbecco's Modified Eagle Medium
- Vitamins inositol and choline are present in high concentrations
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.0g/L) and therefore requires a 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
Gibco RPMI 1640 is manufactured at a cGMP compliant facility located in Grand Island, New York. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485 standards.
|Storage: 2-8° C. Protect from light. Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture|
|Biotin, Calcium nitrate (Ca(NO3)2 4H2O), Choline chloride, D-Calcium pantothenate, D-Glucose (Dextrose), Glutathione (reduced), Glycine, Hydroxy L-proline, L-Arginine, L-Asparagine, L-Aspartic acid, L-Cystine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Histidine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine hydrochloride, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine, L-Valine, Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4-7H2O), Niacinamide, Para-Aminobenzoic Acid, Phenol Red, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Pyridoxine hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Sodium Bicarbonate (NaHCO3), Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate dibasic (Na2HPO4-7H2O), Thiamine hydrochloride, Vitamin B12, i-Inositol|
|No Sodium Pyruvate; L-Glutamine; Phenol Red|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.