Innovating Science™ Exploring Meteorology
This experiment provides students with the experience of being a meteorologist.
Manufacturer: Aldon Corporation IS8706
- Studies of pressure changes and creating a barometer
- Studies of wind speed and creating a anemometer
- Learn the skills to confidently read a weather map
- Includes a demonstration of how clouds form by allowing the instructor to form a vapor cloud
- Experiment includes material for 15 groups of 2 to perform the tasks
- Demonstration portion has enough material to perform the demonstration 5 times
- Aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)*
- Disciplinary Core Ideas: ESS2.C; ESS2.D
- Performance Expectations: MS- ESS2-5
- Cross Cutting Concepts: Cause and Effect
- Engineering Practices: Planning and Carrying Out Investigations
|Next Gen Aligned|
|7 to 14|
|Cardboard Box Kit|
|13 to 20|
|10 mL Isopropyl Alcohol 99%; 15 Test Tubes; 15 Cork Stoppers, Small; 15 Bottles; 60 Cups, 3 oz ; 30 Cups, 5 oz ; 15 Stir Sticks; 30 Straws; 15 Balloons; 1 Dispenser; 15 Rubber Bands; 1 Glass Bottle; 15 Push Pins; 15 Practice Weather Maps|
|12 x 9 x 4 in.|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
Next Generation Science Standards is a registered trademark of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards was involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.