Mesa Labs Prospore Self-Contained Biological Indicator
Ideal for validating steam sterilization of liquids
Manufacturer: Mesa Labs PS550
Safe, easy-to-use, self-contained biological indicator used to validate or monitor steam sterilization in hospitals and pharmaceutical facilities.
- No activation is requiredsimply expose ampule sterilizer and incubate afterwards
- Sealed Prospore ampules contain Geobacillus stearothermophilus spores suspended in growth media
- Bromocresol purple pH indicator added to assist in detecting spore growth
- Outgrowth of spores decreases pH, causing a color change from purple to yellow
- Standard population is 105 per unit
- Results available in 48 hours
- 4mL ampules
For 121°C steam sterilization cycles only. A control test should be used to verify spore viability.
|Validating steam sterilization of liquids|
|2 to 8°C|
|35.6 to 46.4°F|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok