GVS™ MI Liquid Media Bottled 50mL
Ready-to-use 50mL MI Liquid Media Bottled used to detect presence of coliform bacteria. GVS culture growth media can save time and money by shortening prep time and minimizing possible contamination.
Manufacturer: GVS™ 10496847
- MI Broth and Agar detects the presence of coliform bacteria by the production of b-galactosidase, which cleaves the substrate MUGal to produce 4-methylumbelliferone, which fluoresces on exposure to UV light. Non-coliforms do not produce this enzyme and therefore do not fluoresce on the medium. Escherichia coli is detected by the compound IBDG. The b-glucuronidase produced by Escherichia coli cleaves the substrate to produce a blue indigo color in the colonies. As Escherichia coli is also a total coliform, and also produces b-galactosidase, it will also fluoresce. The antibiotic cefsulodin is present to inhibit the growth of gram-positive bacteria and some non-coliform gram-negative bacteria that can cause false positive reactions.
Features and Benefits
- Pre-Sterilized and Ready to Use
- Time Saving, 50 mL Portions, Reduce Risk of Cross-Contamination.
- Optimal media stability, sterility, and reproducibility
- Less time-consuming, higher productivity
- Batch-specific quality certificate in each pack, Confirms Reproducibility and Reliability
- Microbiological analysis.
- used to detect and enumerate Escherichia coli and total coliforms in drinking water by the membrane filtration technique.
- detection of presence of coliform bacteria
Ready-to-use media considerably reduce the preparation time in quality control laboratories and also effectively reduce the risks of cross contamination. GVS is cooperating closely with quality assurance managers in the industry in the development of its own media and test kits.
This intensive product development has produced a range of products that is being used to monitor production plants and conduct Microbiological checks on raw materials through to final product release in laboratories in more than 40 countries.
See 'GVS Life Sciences Microbiology Testing mpg YouTube' Video for further details on use.
|MI Liquid Media Bottled Agar|
|presence of coliform bacteria|
|Batch-specific quality certificate in each pack|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok