Invitrogen™ Cholera Toxin Subunit B (Recombinant), Alexa Fluor™ 555 Conjugate
Made from a recombinant version of the B subunit only to provide a very high-purity product that is completely free of the toxic A subunit
Supplier: Invitrogen™ C34776
- Cholera toxin B subunit (CT-B) attaches to cells by binding to ganglioside GM1, making it powerful tool for retrograde labeling of neurons
- This tracer has been used in variety of applications, including tracing of rat forebrain afferents, projections of the parabrachial region, and neurons of the urinary bladder wall
- When used in neuronal tracing applications, CT-B is typically introduced by pressure injection or by iontophoretic injection into neural tissue
- At neutral pH, 11.4 kDa B subunit exists as 57 kDa pentamer
- Lyophilized product can be dissolved in buffer (e.g., PBS) for use
- More recently, researchers have found that CT-B can be used as marker for lipid rafts, which are membrane microdomains enriched in cholesterol and sphingolipids thought to be important in cell signaling
- For lipid raft staining, cells are first incubated with fluorescent CT-B, then an anti-CT-B antibody is added to crosslink the CT-B in the lipid rafts into distinct patches on the plasma membrane
- These patches are easily visualized by fluorescence microscopy
- Label (Ex/Em): Alexa Fluor™ 555 (555/565nm)
- At neutral pH, the 11.4 kDa B subunit exists as a 57 kDa pentamer
Cell Analysis, Cell Structure, Cell Tracing and Tracking, Cell Viability, Proliferation and Function, Cellular Imaging, Endocytosis, Exocytosis and Phagocytosis, Immunofluorescence (IF), Immunofluorescence Staining and Detection, Lipid Rafts, Microbial Tracking, Neuronal Tracing
Shipping Condition: Room temperature
|Alexa Fluor Dyes
|Alexa Fluor 555
|Store in freezer (-5 to -30°C) and protect from light.
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.