Precision Systems Osmette™ Micro-Osmette Osmometer
Automatic digital osmometers measure osmolality in mOsm/kg H2O. Osmette Micro-Osmette Osmometer uses the freezing point depression method to provide a quick, accurate indication of total concentration. Instruments measure freezing points of solutions to 0.001°C, then directly translate them to measure of concentration.
Manufacturer: Precision Systems 5004
Easy to Use
- Add sample tube to well, lower operating head to insert wire and thermistor temperature probe into the sample
- Freezing point is detected by the probe, with accuracy of ±0.001°C
- Digital display shows results directly in mOsm/kg H2O
- Entire cycle takes between one-half and one minute per sample
- Fast cooldown, completely zero-stable meter
- Reach operating temperature in <15 min. vs. 40 to 60 min. for other cryoscopic devices
- Eliminate Dewar flasks, ice baths, calculations
- Generate precise results in just 50 to 70 sec.; process 40 to 60 samples per hour
- Minimal training; simple two-step calibration takes less than five minutes
- All models hold calibration, eliminating daily calibration
Micro-Osmette, Model 5004
- Automatic Operation
- Features electronic cooling instead of a bath
- Food and beverage industries, chemical manufacturing, pharmaceutical labs, research and quality control
- Clinical applications include diagnosis of renal activity, disease electrolyte imbalance, hyper- and hyponatremia, measuring osmolality of body fluids
1 Reproducibility, 1 S.D. (one standard deviation).
2 With liquid bath.
Also available: Cryette™ Cryoscopes. Model 5006 (Cat. No. 12-672) determines added water in milk; Models 5008 and 5009 (Cat. Nos. 12-672-1 and 12-672-2) determine molecular weight of solutions such as petroleum fractions and core samples. For information, contact your Fisher Scientific Customer Service Representative.
|Thermoelectric cooling block|
|Micro Osmette™ Osmometer|
|<1000mOsm/kg H2O: ±2mOsm/kg H2O, >1000mOsm/kg H2O: ±0.5%CV at 300mOsm/kg H2O: <1%|
|15 x 5 x 10 in. (38 x 13 x 25cm)|
|Food and beverage industries, chemical manufacturing, pharmaceutical labs, research and quality control, clinical applications include diagnosis of renal activity, disease electrolyte imbalance, hyper- and hyponatremia, measuring osmolality of body fluids|
|0 to 3000mOsm/kg H2O|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok