Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Biotin 3' End DNA Labeling Kit
Biotinylate single-stranded DNA primers for non-radioactive EMSA and other nucleic acid detection methods.
Supplier: Thermo Scientific™ 89818
Thermo Scientific™ Pierce Biotin 3' End DNA Labeling Kit is for tagging single-stranded DNA primers with biotin for use in non-radioactive electrophoretic mobility shift assays (EMSA) and other nucleic acid detection methods.TdT exhibits a substrate preference of single-stranded DNA, but it will label duplex DNA with 3' overhangs and blunt duplexes, albeit with a lower efficiency. The Biotin 3' End DNA Labeling Kit has been optimized to incorporate 1-3 biotinylated ribonucleotides (biotin-11-UTP) onto the 3' end of DNA strands. This labeling strategy has the advantage of localizing the biotin to the 3' end of the probe where it will be less likely to interfere with hybridization or sequence-specific binding of proteins. Biotin-labeled DNA probes can be used to facilitate non-isotopic detection in a variety of applications including electrophoretic mobility shift assays (EMSA), Northern or Southern blots, colony hybridizations, or in situ hybridizations.
- Non-isotopic labeling eliminates the hassle of hazardous radioactive materials or difficult-to-dispose-of waste
- 1-3 biotinylated ribonucleotides onto the 3' end of DNA strands for less interference with hybridization or sequence-specific binding of proteins
- Biotin-labeled probes are stable for more than one year
- 30-minute labeling procedure is fast and efficient
1mL 5X TdT Reaction Buffer, 50μL Terminal Deoxynucleotidyl Transferase, 100microliter Biotin-11-dUTP, 140μL Unlabeled Control Oligo, 40μL Biotin-Control Oligo
|Sufficient For: 20 labeling reactions (each with 5 pmol DNA)
• 1 mL 5X TdT Reaction Buffer (-20°C)
• 5 µL Terminal Deoxynucleotidyl Tranferase (-20°C)
• 1 µL Biotin-11-UTP (≤4°C)
• 14 µL Unlabeled Control Oligo (-20°C)
• 4 µL Biotin-Control Oligo (-20°C)
|DNA Labeling Kit|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.