Thermo Scientific RadEye B20 and B20-ER Multi-Purpose Survey Meters
Quickly characterize mixed surface contamination from gamma radiation, x-ray radiation, alpha radiation and beta radiation with dose rate measurement survey meters.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific 4250685
First responders need to quickly identify mixed radioactive surface contamination in facility and field environments. Thermo Scientific RadEye B20 and B20-ER Multi-Purpose Survey Meters are simple, robust, reliable contamination and dose rate measurement tools for characterizing alpha, beta, gamma and X-ray radiation. The RadEye B20 and B20-ER Multi-Purpose Survey Meters provide a handheld, on-site solution for homeland security personnel, fire brigades, emergency response personnel, agencies involved in decontamination and decommissioning projects and hospital and pharmaceutical industry employees.
RadEye B20 and B20-ER Multi-Purpose Survey Meters offer consistent, reliable results in any application requiring radiological surveys of flat surfaces. Model B20 is for normal measurements. Model B20-ER is for high-range measurements.
- Lightweight (300g), excellent grip with and without gloves.
- Rugged and compact design, thick rubber protective cover.
- Low cost of ownership with > 500 hour operation time with 2 AAA batteries rechargeable NiMH-cells can be used.
- Menu-driven user interface results in low training cost and immediate familiarity.
- Huge internal data memory for both scaler results and continuous data recording.
- Bright backlit LCD display. Plain text messages and different languages can be selected.
- Easy adaptation to different tasks by supervisor configuration, calibration, selection of measuring units.
- Versatile operation modes:
Scaler/Timer with preset count and preset time for sample measurements.
Continuous ratemeter mode for frisker operation.
Dose rate mode.
- Audible indication: single pulse or chirper mode proportional to count rate.
- Earphone output for operation in loud environment.
- IR PC Interface or Bluetooth as option.
- Advanced Windows software is available as option.
|5.2 x 2.8 x 5.2 in. (13 x 7 x 13cm)|
|RadEye B20 Multi-Purpose Survey Meter|
|2p Efficiency (ref. to 50mm diameter without rubber sleeve): Am-241; Co-60: 25%; Sr/Y-90: 36%; C-14: 19%|
|With gamma energy filter: 17keV to 1.3MeV|
|LED, sound, vibrator|
|2 AAA batteries|
|cps, cpm. Bq, dpm, dps, Sv/h, rem/h|
|Homeland Security; Fire Departments; Emergency Response; Hospitals; Nuclear Power Industry; Pharmaceutical Industry; Universities|
|Pancake GM-tube, window dia. 44 mm (1.7 in.), 1.8 to 2.0mg/cm2|
|Contamination B-20: 0 - 10kcps; B20ER: 0 - 500kcps|
|More than 500 hours on two AAA batteries|
|LED, sound, vibrator|
|Gamma Dose Rate: 0 to 2mSv/h (0 to 200mR/h); Contamination: 0 to 10kcps|
|Gamma dose rate: 0-2mSv/h (0-200mrem/h); Contamination measuring range: 0-10kcps|