GVS™ SwabCheck 4mL/tube
Swabcheck is used as an indication of hygiene on contact surfaces. SwabCheck changes color based on reaction with bacteria. The more rapid the color change, the higher the level of bacteria in the sample.
Supplier: GVS™ 10498404
- Used as an indication of hygiene on contact surfaces. SwabCheck changes color from purple to yellow. The color change is based on acid reaction with the indicator. The more rapid the color change, the higher the level of bacteria in the sample.
Features and Benefits:
- Qualitative and semi-quantitative hygiene control
- Sterile packed and ready-for-use
- Easy to handle
- Rapid results
- Long shelf-life
- SwabCheck is useful in determining the sanitation levels of preparation surfaces, filling ports, and processing areas in beverage and food processing plants, dairies, restaurants, and healthcare facilities.
The SwabCheck principle
- The surface is wiped with a cellulose swab and any bacteria collected are transferred via the swab into a tube containing a special medium with an indicator dye, which is then incubated.
- A single bacterium is sufficient to cause a color change.
- The SwabCheck is about 1000 times more sensitive than the conventional ATP method. This accuracy is particularly important in the food industry. With this simple method, it is possible to identify microorganisms such as Listeria monocytogenes, which must not be present in any concentration in food and beverages.
|used as an indication of hygiene on contact surfaces.
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok