Thermo Scientific Mobile Detection System
Mobile radiation reconnaissance system designed to operate in a vehicle for use on the ground or in airspace
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific 4255013
System is used to discover/map the location of artificial radiation sources or survey large areas of contamination. Rugged, lightweight, modular radiation detection system that can easily be deployed in any type of moving vehicle to search for unusual or abnormal radioactivity. It can also be used to survey large contaminated areas, by air, to discover localized hot spots and map the event. The Mobile Detection System (MDS) is comprised of a large volume, highly sensitive organic plastic scintillator detector, coupled to a global positioning based movable mapping system, that automatically tracks both the position and corresponding radiation measurement of the local background as the vehicle performs its mission. The data are stored to a .dbf file which can be easily exported to other programs or viewed later from the exclusive MapTrack PC program.
- Mobile gamma-/neutron-radiation reconnaissance system operating in vehicle or helicopter (aircraft)
- Rugged, easily relocated system with user friendly features
- The MDS-GN has data transmission capability for radio modem or GSM cellular devices
- Allows for a wide range of users without compromising accuracy and results
- Remote viewing and/or control of mission from command station via wireless transmission of data
- Fully integrated ArcView GIS for simultaneous hazard modeling and verification with real time data
- Lightweight, modular design allows for easy relocation between vehicles
- No hard wiring into the vehicle is necessary
- Real time data feed into any version
- ESRI ArcView software is standard
- battery provides 8 hours of continuous use when fully charged
- Can also be deployed in helicopters, emergency vehicles
- Utilizes Natural Background Rejection (NBR) technology for instant threat assessment of radiological incidents
- Comes with Zargus military grade carrying case
- MapTrack program is a global positioning based movable mapping system that automatically records radiation measurement data along the path of travel.
- Utilizes a 6 channel Global Positioning System (GPS) to closely track the exact coordinates.
- MAPTRACK software (included) provides a real-time data feed into any standard version of ESRIs ArcView/ ArcGIS software (ArcView 3.3, ArcGIS versions 8 and 9)
- MAPTRACK and any version of ArcView can be used separately or simultaneously
- Detector Type: Gamma/neutron radiation
- Voltage: 12 VDC
- Detection Range: 1nSv/Hour to 20µSv/hr. Scintillation detector, 10nSv/hr. to 1Sv/hr. proportional detector
- Weight: 15kg (33.1 lb.)
- Humidity Range: 5 to 95%
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 50°C
- Test Sensitivity: 20000cps/µSv/hr. to 137 Cs Scintillation detector, 10cps/µS/hr. neutron detector
- Energy Range: 36keV to 1.3MeV
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|Gamma /neutron radiation|
|1nSv/Hour to 20μSv/Hour Scintillation detector, 10nSv/Hour to 1Sv/Hour proportional detector|
|0° to 50°C|
|20000cps/μSv/Hour to 137 Cs Scintillation detector, 10cps/μS/Hour neutron detector|
|36keV to 1.3MeV|
|5 to 95%|
|Mobile Detection System|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok