TRIS, MP Biomedicals™
- Tris has been useful as buffers in a wide variety of biological systems.
- Uses include pH control in vitro and in vivo for body fluids and in buffering systems for electrophoresis applications.
- Tris has been used as a starting material for polymers, oxazolones (with carboxylic acids) and oxazolidines (with aldehydes).
- Tris does not precipitate calcium salts and is of value in maintaining solubility of manganese salts.
- It can be used for the direct standardization of a strong acid solution; the equivalence point can be determined either potentiometrically or by use of a suitable indicator such as 3-(4-Dimethylamino-1-naphthylazo)-4-methoxybenzenesulfonic acid.
- It is an auxiliary material in pharmaceutical science
|Solubility Information||Soluble in water (40% aq soln) Clear, Colorless Solution (550mg/mL), ethyleneglycol (79.1mg/mL), methanol (26mg/mL), anhydrous ethanol (14.6mg/mL), 95% ethanol (22.0mg/mL), DMF (14mg/mL), acetone (2mg/mL), ethyl acetate (0.5mg/mL), olive oil (0.4mg/mL), and chloroform (0.05mg/mL).|
|Physical Form||White Crystalline Powder|
|Loss on Drying||≤1%|
|Boiling Point||219°C to 220°C (at 10 mmHg) (Literature)|
|Melting Point||167°C to 172°C|
|pH||10 to 11.5 (5% aq soln)|
|Show More Show Less|
RTECSNumber : TY2900000
storageNote1 : Store at Room Temperature (15-30°C). Store dessicated.
Recommended Storage : Store at Room Temperature (15–30°C). Store dessicated.