Custom TaqMan Gene Expression assays consist of a pair of unlabeled PCR primers and a TaqMan probe with a dye label (VIC) on the 5’ end and a minor groove binder (MGB) and nonfluorescent quencher (NFQ) on the 3’ end.
• Easy to use—just add cDNA and master mix and run the qPCR—no melt curves required
• Specific—TaqMan assays use proprietary MGB-containing probes that can be up to 15 bases shorter than non-MGB probes, improving the specificity of the assay
• Sensitive—TaqMan assays are ideal for measuring low levels of expression or low-abundance targets
• Accurate—identify small fold-changes with high accuracy of quantitation
• Gold-standard TaqMan qPCR chemistry—TaqMan assays draw on Thermo Fisher Scientific's bioinformatics assay design pipeline to help ensure high specificity and minimal cross-reactivity, even for gene variants with high sequence homology
• Ideal for multiplexing—combine one FAM-labeled and one VIC-labeled assay to create a duplex assay for two different gene targets in the same qPCR well
• Sequences provided—with every Custom TaqMan Gene Expression you design and order
Approximate ship time
Made to order: 4–6 days in North America, 6–10 days in Europe
TaqMan Gene Expression assays are the gold standard in real-time PCR gene expression studies, built on more than 20 years of experience. Each assay includes target primers and a sequence-specific probe optimized for the best functional performance. No additional design, optimization, or melt curve analysis is needed. Available in a wide variety of formats and species, new assay designs are constantly added to help meet your research needs. TaqMan assays have been cited in over 40,000 publications and are backed by more than 350 patents.
Safety and Handling
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok