Fisherbrand™ Bacteriology Culture Collection and Transport System
For the collection and/or transportation of a wide range of bacteria, viruses and facultative microorganisms. All transport swabs have a rayon tip. Shaft types include plastic, straight wire or flexible wire. Plastic-shaft tips are available with single or double swab.
Amies Clear provides excellent survival for many bacteria, including anaerobes, and is compatible with gram stain. Modified Amies Charcoal enhances survival of fastidious organisms including Neisseria gonorrhoeae by neutralizing any toxins present in the specimen. Both Amies Clear and Amies Charcoal provide excellent environments for the survival of anaerobes by completely immersing swabs into a gel with sodium thioglycollate. Modified Liquid Stuarts provides excellent recovery in routine bacteriology and are compatible with gram stain and many rapid screening methods.
- Lot number and expiration date printed on tube labels
- Swabs are tipped with inert, nontoxic rayon
- Color-coded caps
- Gamma radiation sterilized
Multicollection and Transport Swabs
- Complete collection and transportation system for viruses, chlamydia, mycoplasma and ureaplasma
- Glass beads provide extra surface area for cell adhesion and facilitate spreading of the specimen in subsequent culturing
- Scored Dacron™ (polyester)-tipped swab breaks off cleanly at the right length inside the tube
- Cap automatically engages swab shaft on closing and holds it tightly on reopening
- Approved for storage at room temperature for up to one year prior to use
- Self-contained, sterile, ready-to-use system
- Includes a glass tube containing a semisolid, prereduced transport medium
- Medium indicator turns lavender if the anaerobic system has been compromised
- Cap contains a pierceable, nonlatex stopper for injecting fluids
- Scored swab breaks easily to fit in the tube
|For the collection and/or transportation of a wide range of bacteria, viruses and facultative microorganisms|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok