Gibco™ FreeStyle™ CHO Expression Medium
Animal origin-free, chemically defined, protein-free medium
Manufacturer: Gibco™ 12651014
FreeStyle CHO Expression Medium is specifically developed to support the growth and transient transfection of CHO-S cells in suspension without adaptation. This medium requires supplementation with 8 mM glutamine before use.
- Formulation without hypoxanthine and thymidine for use with or without dhfr systems
- Ability to support high-density suspension growth and transient transfection of CHO-S cells
- Animal origin-free, protein-free and chemically defined formulation
- Easy use as part of the FreeStyle MAX CHO Expression System for protein production
- Scalability in spinner flasks and bioreactors
Formulation without hypoxanthine and thymidine for use with or without dhfr systems
- Gibco FreeStyle CHO Expression Medium is made without hypoxanthine and thymidine for use in dihydrofolate reductase (dhfr) amplification systems
- Non-dhfr systems require the addition of HT Supplement before use
- Gibco FreeStyle CHO cells in suspension can be cultured directly into Gibco FreeStyle CHO Expression Medium without adaptation
- Cells adapted to other commercially available serum-free media can be subcultured directly into Gibco FreeStyle CHO Expression Medium, usually without any further adaptation
- Cells usually require adaptation from serum-containing formulations
- Cells cultured in Gibco FreeStyle CHO Expression Medium can be transfected using lipid-based transfection reagents, such as FreeStyle MAX reagent
- Gibco FreeStyle CHO Expression Medium is animal origin–free, protein-free, and chemically defined, allowing for easier purification of your protein of interest
- Gibco chemically defined media contain no proteins, hydrolysates, or components of unknown composition
- Protein production using Gibco FreeStyle CHO Expression Medium can be scaled up in spinner flasks or bioreactors
- The appropriate spinner or impeller speed and seeding density should be optimized for each system
- Depending on the impeller design and speed, it may be necessary to supplement Gibco FreeStyle CHO Expression Medium with additional Pluronic™ F-68 to avoid sheer stress in the culture
Antibody and Cell Culture Production, Bioproduction, Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|No Phenol Red|
|≤0.25 EU/mL, ≤ 0.25 EU/ml|
|Chemically Defined, Protein-Free, Serum-Free|
|Suspension Cell Culture|
|FreeStyle™ CHO-S Cells, CHO|
Safety and Handling
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.