Thermo Scientific Harshaw TLD Model 3500 Manual Readers
Measure ionizing radiation absorbed by thermoluminescence dosimetry detectors including powders for clinical, health physics and research applications and irradiated food testing.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific 3500READERHT
Thermoluminescence (TL) technology is commonly used in medicine, such as in radiation therapy for dose measurement on the skin and within the body to assess treatment and ensure that safe radiation levels are maintained. The Thermo Scientific HARSHAW TLD Model 3500 Manual Reader provides manual readout of TL chips, disks, rods and cubes in a broad variety of sizes. This reader is suitable for all kinds of applications that require thermoluminescence dosimetry (TLD) detectors. Due to planchet heating, this versatile model is able to read powders, an essential feature for food testing and analysis.
The HARSHAW TLD Model 3500 Manual Reader includes a sample drawer for a single element TL detector, a linear, programmable heating system, and a cooled photomultiplier tube with associated electronics to measure the TL light output. Planchet heating incorporates a welded thermocouple for best temperature reproducibility. The operational software, Thermo Scientific WinREMS, which runs on a separate computer, provides the user interface, the reader control and the applications software.
- Multiple, programmable, linear heating cycles such as pre-read anneal, acquire and post-read anneal cycles.
- Typical cycle time per detector: typically 30 seconds.
- Heating temperature capability up to 400°C (standard model) or 600°C (high-temperature version).
- Thermoelectric PMT cooler for maximum gain stability.
- Seven decade glow curve acquisition range.
- Options include glow curve deconvolution software (WinGCF Software), various types of neutral density filters to extend the high measurement range, and TL element specific planchets for best possible reproducibility.
- Easy to operate, service and maintain.
- Size: 31 x 32 x 47cm.
- Weight: 25kg.
Dosimetry Performance Using LiF:Mg,Ti (TLD-100/600/700):
- Nearly tissue equivalent.
- Radiation types: photons (E>5 keV), electrons (E>70 keV), neutrons (from thermal energies up to ∽100 MeV, TLD-600 only).
- Measurement range: 10 µGy to 1 Gy (linear), 1 Gy to 20 Gy (supralinear).
- Detection threshold: <10 µGy based on 2.26 standard deviations for 10 sequential readings of an unexposed dosimeter.
- Repeatability: Less than 2% variation based on one standard deviation for 10 sequential measurements of 1 mGy 137-Cs
- Residual TL signal: <0.2% of reading
- Fading: <20% in 3 months without thermal treatment; <5% in 3 months using pre-read anneal or glow curve deconvolution software (WinGCF Software).
- Batch uniformity: ±30% from the factory standard.
- Reuse: typically >500.
- Dynamic range: 7 decades.
- HV stability: ±0.005% per hour, ±0.02% per 8 hours.
- Linearity: better than 1%.
- Test light: temperature-stabilized LED.
- Electrical supply: selectable, 110/120VAC ±10%, 60Hz or 220/240VAC ±10%, 50Hz
- Nitrogen supply:
Purified (99.995%), dry
Pressure: 1.5 to 3kg/cm2
Flow Rate: 130 liters/h, subject to external regulation
Note: The use of nitrogen is optional. Absence of nitrogen will result in understated performance.
- Operating temperature: 15° to 40°C
- Storage temperature: -10° to 60°C
- Humidity: Functions within specification after 24 hour exposure to 90% humidity and subsequent 6-hour recovery with use of the nitrogen supply
- Ambient light exposure: Functions within specifications when exposed to ambient light up to 1,000 Lux with cover on the reader
- Shock: Withstands a 1-cm drop onto a concrete surface
Computer requirements: Any commercially available PC system with Windows 7, XP, 2000, or NT 4. 32 bit OS only. RS232 strongly recommended. (Please contact your sales representative for approved USB to RS232 converters).
Thermo Scientific TLD Materials, Thermo Scientific TLD Accessories
Treatment planning verification, diagnostic dose studies, quality assurance, whole body dosimetry, extremity dosimetry, environmental dosimetry, high dose applications (radiation hardness testing), irradiated food analysis, dating, and many more.
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|±30% from the factory standard|
|Measurement range: 10 µGy to 1 Gy (linear), 1 Gy to 20 Gy (supralinear)
Detection threshold: <10 µGy based on 2.26 standard deviations for 10 sequential readings of an unexposed dosimeter
|Multiple, programmable, linear heating cycles include pre-read anneal, acquire and post-read anneal cycles|
|Functions within specification after 24 hour|
|Thermoelectric PMT cooler for maximum gain stability|
|HV stability: ±0.005% per hour, ±0.02% per 8 hours|
|-10°C to 60°C|
|Selectable, 110/120 VAC ±10%, 60 Hz or 220/240 VAC ±10%, 50 Hz|
|Functions within specifications when exposed to ambient light up to 1,000 Lux with cover on the reader|
|TLD reader instrument (High temperature)|
|Radiation Dosimeter Reader|
|Model 3500 with Heating Temperature Capability of 600°C|
|130 liters/h, subject to external regulation|
|Better than 1%|
|Photons, Electrons, Neutrons|
|Less than 2% variation based on one standard|
|15° to 40°C|
|Heating temperature capability up 600°C; Typical cycle time per detector: 30 seconds|
|Thermo Scientific TLD card dosimeters, Thermo Scientific TLD Materials, Thermo Scientific TLD Accessories|
|Dependent on config. Used|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok