Invitrogen Platinum Taq DNA Polymerase
Convenient and reliable “hot start” thermostable DNA polymerase for PCR that provides enhanced specificity over that of Taq DNA Polymerase
Manufacturer: Invitrogen 10966018
Use Platinum Taq DNA Polymerase for the amplification of DNA from complex genomic, viral, and plasmid templates, as well as in RT-PCR. The “hot start” property of the enzyme preparation is conferred by thermolabile monoclonal antibodies that render Taq DNA polymerase inactive until the initial PCR denaturation step.
- Convenience: assemble PCR reactions at room temperature
- Specificity: “hot start” kinetics reduce nonspecific primer annealing, improving product yield
- Product size: use for PCR products up to 10kb
- Flexibility: optional KB Extender gives more versatility in PCR assays
Using PlatinumTaq DNA Polymerase
- Just as with Taq DNA Polymerase, Platinum Taq DNA Polymerase has a nontemplate-dependent terminal transferase activity that adds a 3' deoxyadenosine to product ends, and has a 5'3' exonuclease activity (but not 3'5' exonuclease activity)
- PCR products generated with PlatinumTaq DNA Polymerase may be used in the same downstream applications without protocol modifications
Amplification of Bisulfite-Treated DNA, Chromatin Biology, Chromatin Immunoprecipitation (ChIP), Fast PCR, Hot Start PCR, Methylation Analysis, PCR, PCR and Real-Time PCR, RNAi, Epigenetics and Noncoding RNA Research, Routine PCR
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|Each box contains:
• 24 µl Platinum® Taq DNA Polymerase
• 1.25 mL 10X PCR Buffer (no magnesium chloride)
• 1 mL 50 mM magnesium chloride
• 1.3 mL KB Extender
Store at -30°C to -10°C in a non-frost-free freezer.
|Built-In Hot Start|
|Platinum® Taq DNA Polymerase|
|5 kb or less|
|5' - 3'|
|Approved for shipment on Wet or Dry Ice|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.