Invitrogen™ SuperScript™ III First-Strand Synthesis System
Optimized to synthesize first-strand cDNA from purified poly(A)+ or total RNA or RT-PCR
Supplier: Invitrogen™ 18080051
RNA targets from 100 bp to >12kb can be detected with this system. The amount of starting material can vary from 1pg to 5μg of total RNA. SuperScript III Reverse Transcriptase is a version of M-MLV RT that has been engineered to reduce RNase H activity and provide increased thermal stability. The enzyme is used to synthesize cDNA at a temperature range of 42° to 55°C, providing increased specificity, higher yields of cDNA, and more full-length product than other reverse transcriptases. Because SuperScript III RT is not significantly inhibited by ribosomal and transfer RNA, it may be used to synthesize first-strand cDNA from a total RNA preparation.
- Using the SuperScript III First-Strand System: cDNA synthesis is performed in the first step using either total RNA or poly(A)+-selected RNA primed with oligo(dT), random primers, or a gene-specific primer
- In the second step, PCR is performed in a separate tube using primers specific for the gene of interest
- For the PCR reaction, one of the following DNA polymerases is recommended
- Platinum Taq DNA Polymerase provides automatic hot-start conditions for increased specificity up to 4kb
- Platinum Taq DNA Polymerase High Fidelity provides increased yield and high fidelity for targets up to 15kb
- Platinum Pfx DNA Polymerase provides maximum fidelity for targets up to 12kb
- Optimal reaction temperature: 50°C
- Sufficient for 50 reactions, based on a 20μL reaction size
PCR & Real-Time PCR, Reverse Transcription
Shipping Condition: Dry ice
• Oligo(dT)20, 50 μL (50 μM)
|First-Strand Synthesis System|
|Microarray Analysis, Reverse Transcriptase PCR (RT-PCR)|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.