Invitrogen™ SuperScript™ III Reverse Transcriptase
Proprietary mutant of SuperScript II RT
Supplier: Invitrogen™ 18080093
DescriptionSuperScript III Reverse Transcriptase (RT) is active at 50°C and has a half-life of 220 minutes, providing increased specificity with gene-specific primers (GSPs) and the highest cDNA yield of all RTs. It is ideal for RT-PCR of a specific gene or for generating cDNA from total or poly (A)+ RNA samples. Like SuperScript II, it synthesizes a complementary DNA strand from single-stranded RNA, DNA, or from an RNA:DNA hybrid. SuperScript III RT is genetically engineered by the introduction of point mutations that increase half-life, reduce RNase activity, and increase thermal stability.
- Thermostability: half-life of 220 minutes at 50°C
- Yield: reduced RNase H activity for more full-length cDNA
- Specificity: full activity at 50°C for increased specificity with gene-specific primers
- Applications—array labeling, cDNA libraries, RT-PCR, primer extension, 3' and 5' RACE
- Source: Purified from E. coli expressing the pol gene of M-MLV, mutagenized to increase thermal stability and half-life and to reduce RNase H activity
- Performance and quality testing: SDS-PAGE purity; endodeoxyribonuclease, exodeoxyribonuclease, and ribonuclease assays; and yield and length of cDNA product
- Concentration: 200U/μL
- Unit definition: One unit of SuperScript III RT is the amount of enzyme required to incorporate 1nmole of deoxyribonucleotide into acid-precipitable material in 10 minutes at 37°C using poly(A)·oligo(dT)12-18 as a template·primer
- Unit reaction conditions: 50mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.3), 40mM KCl, 6mM MgCl2, 1mM DTT, 0.5mM [3H]dTTP, 0.1mM poly(A), 0.1mM oligo(dT)12-18, 0.1mg/mL BSA, and enzyme in 50μL for 10 minutes at 37°C
- Optimal reaction temperature: 50°C
- Final product size: 12.3kb or less
PCR and Real-Time PCR, Reverse Transcription, array labeling, cDNA libraries, primer extension, 3' and '5 RACE
Shipping Condition: Dry ice
• SuperScript™ III Reverse Transcriptase, 1 x 2,000 units (200 U/μL)
|30 to 50 min.|
|Up to 12.3 kb|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.