Invitrogen iBlot 2 Gel Transfer Device
Performs Western blotting transfer simply, efficiently, and reliably, within seven minutes and without the need for liquid buffers
Manufacturer: Invitrogen IB21001
The iBlot 2 Gel Transfer Device is an integral part of the iBlot 2 Dry Blotting System, which consists of the transfer device and consumable transfer stacks that contain the required buffers and transfer membrane (nitrocellulose or PVDF).
- Complete protein transfer in 7 minutes or less
- High detection sensitivity and even transfer
- Increased blotting reliability and reproducibility
- Flexible gel size formats and membrane types
- A simple, user-friendly system
- Options to create new custom programs
- Built-in tutorial and application notes
- High-quality transfer stacks that are more compact than before
Rapid, High-quality Protein Transfers
- For dry electroblotting of proteins from mini-, midi-, and E-PAGE gels onto nitrocellulose or PVDF membranes for Western detection
- Offers high-quality transfer, convenience, and speed, producing crisp, clear bands that remain sharp and straight, with exceptional transfer efficiency
- Allows users to create custom programs
- With the iBlot 2 system, there is no need to prepare buffers, pretreat the gel, or clean up after blotting
- The total preparation and run time is normally less than 10 minutes per blot for significant time savings compared to conventional Western transfer techniques
- Buffer ion reservoirs are incorporated into the gel matrix (transfer stacks) instead of buffer tanks or soaked papers
- The high density of ions in the gel matrix enables rapid protein transfer
- During blotting, the copper anode does not generate oxygen gas as a result of water electrolysis, reducing blot distortion (conventional protein transfer techniques, including wet, semi-wet, and semi-dry, use inert electrodes that generate oxygen)
- Transfer time is reduced by the shortened distance between electrodes, high field strength, and high current
- Trapped air bubbles, often created during the manual preparation of the blotting sandwich layers, are easy to avoid due to the de-bubbling design that promotes even and complete transfer
Proteins, Expression, Isolation and Analysis, Western Blotting
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|Store at room temperature.|
|Bolt™ Bis-Tris Plus Gels, E-PAGE™ Gels, Novex® Midi Gels, NuPAGE® Gels, Novex® Mini Gels|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.