Invitrogen Carboxy-H2DCFDA (general oxidative stress indicator)
General oxidative stress indicator
Manufacturer: Invitrogen C400
6-carboxy-2',7'-dichlorodihydrofluorescein diacetate is chemically reduced, acetylated form of fluorescein used as indicator for reactive oxygen species (ROS) in cells. This nonfluorescent molecule is readily converted to green-fluorescent form when acetate groups are removed by intracellular esterases and oxidation (by the activity of ROS) occurs within cell. Upon cleavage of the acetate and ester groups by intracellular esterases and oxidation, both analogs form carboxydichlorofluorescein, with additional negative charges that impede its leakage out of the cell.
- Ex/Em: approx. 492 - 495/517527nm
- Product is air sensitive (store under dry argon or nitrogen)
- Product may be dissolved in DMSO, DMF, or ethanol for use
- Indicator is cell permeant
- Fluorescence can be monitored using a flow cytometer, fluorometer, microplate reader, or fluorescence microscope, using excitation sources and filters appropriate for fluorescein
- Carboxylated H2DCFDA analog (carboxy-H2DCFDA), which has two negative charges at physiological pH, and its di(acetoxymethyl ester) available separately
Refer to the Molecular Probes Handbook for additional product information.
Cell Analysis, Cell Metabolism, Cell Viability, Proliferation and Function, Nitro-Oxidative Stress, Reactive Oxygen Species
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
|Store in freezer (-5 to -30°C).|
|Free Radical Sensor|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.