It is essentially nonfluorescent until it reacts with NO to form a fluorescent benzotriazole. DAF-FM fluorescence can be detected by any instrument that can detect fluorescein, including flow cytometers, microscopes, fluorescent microplate readers and fluorometers.
- Ex/Em of DAF-FM: approx. 495/515nm
- Lyophilized product should be dissolved using DMSO and then added to an aqueous buffer to create a working solution
- DAF-FM diacetate is cell permeant and passively diffuses across cellular membranes; once inside the cell, it is converted to cell-impermeant for
- Buffers containing bovine serum albumin (BSA) and phenol red may affect fluorescence and should be used with caution
- Fluorescence quantum yield of DAF-FM is approx. 0.005, but increases about 160-fold, to ~0.81, after reacting with NO
- Assessment of NO production in transaldolase-deficient lymphoblasts by flow cytometry
- Detection of NO accumulation in embryonic cortical neurons following neurotrophin stimulation
- in vivo imaging of NO in zebrafish
- ntravital microscopic detection of NO generation associated with angiogenesis in mice
- Quantitation of ATP-induced NO release in rabbit platelets
- Spectra of the NO adduct of DAF-FM are independent of pH above pH 5.5
- NO adduct of DAF-FM is significantly more photostable than that of DAF-2, which means additional time for image capture
- DAF-FM is a more sensitive reagent for NO than is DAF-2 (NO detection limit for DAF-FM approx. 3nM versus approx. 5nM for DAF-2)
Refer to the Molecular Probes Handbook for additional product information.
Cell Analysis, Cell Metabolism, Cell Viability, Proliferation and Function, Nitric Oxide Research, Nitro-Oxidative Stress
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok