Invitrogen Dextran, Alexa Fluor 680; 3,000 MW, Anionic
Rigorous methods for removing as much unconjugated dye as practical, followed by assay of dextran conjugates by thin-layer chromatography to help ensure absence of low molecular weight contaminants
Manufacturer: Invitrogen D34681
Labeled dextrans are hydrophilic polysaccharides most commonly used in microscopy studies to monitor cell division, track the movement of live cells, and to report the hydrodynamic properties of the cytoplasmic matrix. The labeled dextran is commonly introduced into the cells via microinjection. Dextrans are hydrophilic polysaccharides characterized by their moderate-to-high molecular weight, good water solubility, and low toxicity. They also generally exhibit low immunogeniticy. Dextrans are biologically inert due to their uncommon poly-(α-D-1,6-glucose) linkages, which render them resistant to cleavage by most endogenous cellular glycosidases.
- Succinimidyl coupling of dyes to dextran molecule, which, in most cases, results in neutral or anionic dextran
- Reaction used to produce Rhodamine Green and Alexa Fluor 488 dextrans results in final product being neutral, anionic, or cationic
- Suitable for neuronal tracing (anterograde and retrograde) in live cells
- Cell lineage tracing in live cells
- Examines intercellular communications (e.g., in gap junctions, during wound healing, and during embryonic development)
- Investigates vascular permeability and blood-brain barrier integrity
- Monitors acidification (some dextran-dye conjugates are pH-sensitive)
- Studies hydrodynamic properties of cytoplasmic matrix
- Alexa Fluor dextrans are intrinsically anionic To produce more highly anionic dextrans, proprietary procedure adds negatively charged groups to dextran carriers; these products are designated polyanionic dextrans
Cell Analysis, Cell Tracing and Tracking, Cellular Imaging, General Cell Tracing, In Vivo Imaging, Neuronal Tracing
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
Shipping Condition: Room temperature
|Store in freezer (-5 to -30°C) and protect from light.|
|Alexa Fluor Dyes|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.