Forms a 1:1 complex with plasminogen which is then converted to streptokinase-plasmin. Both streptokinase-plasminogen and streptokinase-plasmin complexes can activate plasminogen.
- Can be used as a thrombolytic agent in therapy of ischemic stroke
- From: Lancefield group C strain of Streptococcus
- Presentation: White lyophilized powder
- Unit definition: Amount of enzyme that will liquefy a standard clot of fibrinogen, plasminogen and thrombin in 10 minutes at 37°C and pH 7.5
- Specific activity: >5,000 units/mg dry weight
- Solubility: Soluble in water
|Used as a thrombolytic agent in the therapy of ischemic stroke|
|Streptococcus species, lancefield group C strain|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok