Invitrogen AcTEV Protease
Specifically recognizes a seven amino acid sequence (Glu-Asn-Leu-Tyr-Phe-Gln-Gly, cleaving between Gln and Gly), ideal for removing affinity tags from fusion proteins
Manufacturer: Invitrogen 12575015
An improved version of Tobacco Etch Virus (TEV) AcTEV Protease is highly site-specific, highly active and significantly more stable than native TEV protease, resulting in enhanced long-term activity.
- Highly specific cleavage activity
- Enhanced enzyme stability for prolonged protease activity
- Activity over a broad temperature (4°C to 30°C) and pH (6.0 to 8.5) range
- Six-histidine sequence to facilitate its removal from the digested protein sample
- Greater than 85% single-band purity with no nonspecific protease contamination
- Incubation with AcTEV Protease releases the protein of interest from the fusion tag
- This is an effective way to remove solubility, secretion, detection, and purification tags from recombinant protein
- Purified from E. coli expressing the AcTEV Protease gene
- Unit definition
- One unit of AcTEV Protease cleaves 85% of a 3µg control substrate in 1 hr at 30°C
- Unit reaction conditions
- 50mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0), 0.5mM EDTA, 1mM DTT, 3µg control substrate, and 1 unit enzyme in 30µL for 1 hr at 30°C AcTEV Protease is functionally tested for the absence of any nonspecific protease activity
GST-Tagged Protein Purification, His-Tagged Protein Purification, Protein and Peptide Purification, Protein Sample Preparation and Protein Purification, Proteins, Expression, Isolation and Analysis
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|AcTEV™ Protease is supplied with a vial of 20X TEV buffer [1 M Tris-HCl (pH 8.0), 10 mM EDTA] and a vial of 100 mM DTT.
Store at -20° C. Guaranteed stable for 1 year when properly stored.
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.