Thermo Scientific RIIDEye X/M Series Handheld Radiation Isotope Identifiers
Quickly and easily locate and identify radioactive material to respond to potential public health and safety threats with portable, rugged, field-ready devices.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific 4250882US
Whether you are evaluating water or soil sample or searching for materials that could make a dirty bomb, it’s critical to know the exact isotope of the radioactive material in order to assess the potential threat and quickly initiate a plan of action. The Thermo Scientific RIIDEye X and RIIDEye M Handheld Radioisotope Identifiers, with patented Quadratic Compression Conversion (QCC) technology, are well suited to support users from homeland security operations to contamination monitoring and remediation, with the industry’s fastest, most accurate and easy to use RIID.
The RIIDEye X Handheld Radiation Isotope Identifier is the next generation of rugged devices designed to withstand the demanding environment in which first responders, security forces and military operate. It offers a comprehensive list of features:
- Unique live spectrum building gives users ability to optimize identification scans in real-time.
- Easy to use SNM Assist maximizes SNM detection by auto-calculating scan times to achieve high confidence results.
- Color coded peaks in spectrum quickly identify isotopes and classify them for rapid response.
- Excellent ID speed and accuracy of detection in 30 sec or less.
- Improved Auto Cal allows stabilization in High BG.
- Large gamma detector for excellent sensitivity.
- Low cost of ownership from acquisition to maintenance with free coarse-calibrations and bi-annual optimization of system and free firmware upgrades for life of ownership.
- Documented ANSI N42.34-2006 compliance.
- CLYC Neutron detector uses no He3 and is located in handle utilizes body moderation to maximize detection performance.
- Mechanical Design: Rugged, IP65 and drop resistant to 1m.
- Excellent weight balance for long use with included shoulder strap and ergonomic handle.
- More than 45 different isotopes included in Library with user ability to add new libraries and isotopes.
- Easy data offload via USB memory card or live via serial port connection.
- Data is compliant with ANSI N42.42-2006 and can be used by most analysis SW including Cambio and PeakEasy.
- Headphone jack for completely silent operations or operations in high background noise
- High capacity rechargeable battery lasts 8 hrs or more and can be powered via 6 AA batteries.
- Includes Pelican case with Alkaline battery adapter, shoulder strap, power supply, USB memory card reader.
- Options: GPS, spare memory card, communication cable, radioactive test adapter.
- Detector Options: 2"x2" NaI or 1.5"x1.5" LaBr.
The RIIDEye M Handheld Radiation Isotope Identifier comes in a multi-configuration, multi-purpose package. It contains the same detection SW and user interface as well as many of the features of the RIIDEye X but its mechanical design is ideally suited for field laboratories and environmental studies. The following features differ from the RIIDEye X:
- Moderated CLYC Neutron detector uses no He3 and is located in electronics case to maximize space.
- Removable gamma detector allows close inspection of samples with included 5ft extension cable and can be combined with a low background shield for low radioactivity levels in samples such as food, soil or water.
- Mechanical Design: IP40, multi-configurable, ideally suited for field labs and laboratory use
- Includes Pelican case with Alkaline battery adapter, shoulder strap, power supply, USB memory card reader, 5ft detector extension cable.
- Options: spare memory card, communication cable, radioactive test adapter.
- Detector Options: 2"x2" or 3"x3" NaI, 1.5"x1.5" LaBr.
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|RIIDEye X: Audio through speaker and/or headphone jack and visual on screen|
|Handheld Radiation Isotope Identifier|
|Standard rechargeable (8hr nominal) and adapter for 6 AA alkaline batteries|
|320 x 240 high brightness 32000-color 3.5 in. LCD|
|Well spaced 7-key pad for simple menu use with protective gloves|
|7 in. x 1.3 in. CLYC|
|Continuous with natural potassium requiring no periodic source replacement or licensing|
|-20° to 50°C|
|RIIDEye X: 2.6kg with 2 x 2 NaI detector|
|Dimensions: (with 2 in. x 2 in. NaI) 32cm x 25cm x 15cm (12.6 in. x 9.8 in. x 5.8 in.)|
|Isotope identification, spectral analysis, dose rate meter, source locator|
|Gamma detector Options: 2 in. x 2 in. NaI Scintillator, 1.5 in. x 1.5 in. LaBr offered in both models, 3 in. x 3 in NaI (M model only)|
|20 keV to 3 MeV|
|ANSI, ANSI+ Security, Medical, Industrial or User|
|Removable memory card and serial data interface|
|-4° to 122°F|
|RIIDEye X: 5.7 lbs; RIIDEye M: 5.1 lbs, both with|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok