SouthernBiotech Mycoplasma Detection Kit
Manufacturer: Southern Biotechnology Associates 1310001
SouthernBiotech Mycoplasma Detection Kit was designed to specifically detect potential Mycoplasma contamination in cell cultures. The kit incorporates polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to amplify the conserved 16S ribosomal RNA coding region within the Mycoplasma genome, thereby providing an extensive, highly sensitive and efficient detection method. Primer sequences were carefully determined to cover three genera of Mycoplasmatales (Mycoplasma, Acholeplasma and Ureaplasma) which allows this kit to detect over 95% of potential cell culture infections.
- Fast (results are typically obtained in less than 3 hours) and easy to use PCR technology.
- Highly sensitive kit
- Can detect as little as 2-5 femtograms of Mycoplasma DNA in 100µL of test sample supernatant.
- Eukaryotic and bacterial DNA from cell culture supernatant is not amplified by the kit.
- A test cell line infected with Mycoplasma will generate a PCR product(s) between ã448-611- bp on an agarose gel, depending on the type of Mycoplasma present.
- A positive control (M.orale, 503-bp) has been included to validate that the PCR amplification process has occurred as well as to confirm the size of the PCR product obtained in test samples.
- An internal control is also provided to eliminate potential false negatives associated with PCR inhibitors.
|Instruction manual, primer set and nucleotides, lyophilized, Blue Cap, Sterile PCR 10X reaction Buffer, 500μL, White Cap, positive control DNA, lyophilized, Yellow Cap, Internal Control DNA, lyophilized, Green Cap|
|Specifically detect potential Mycoplasma contamination in cell cultures|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok