Invitrogen SuperScript IV First Strand Synthesis System with ezDNase Enzyme
SuperScript IV First-Strand Synthesis System for RT-PCR is optimized for synthesis of first-strand cDNA from purified poly(A)+ or total RNA. Reliable, consistent, and fast cDNA synthesis even in the presence of inhibotors, with all components needed for gDNA removal and RT reaction.
Manufacturer: Invitrogen 18091150
- Kit includes SuperScript IV Reverse Transcriptase (RT), a proprietary MMLV mutant that produces robust and reliable cDNA synthesis in RT reactions, and ezDNase to remove potential genomic DNA contamination
- System is significantly improved over the SuperScript III-based system in inhibitor resistance, processivity, and reaction speed, while retaining all the benefits of the previous system, including increased thermostability, highly efficient full-length cDNA synthesis, and reduced RNase activity
- Designed to provide reliable, consistent, and fast cDNA synthesis in the presence of inhibitors found in a wide variety of samples that cause other currently available RTs to perform inefficiently
- Contains all components needed for RT reactions, plus an additional control gene and primers, and provides flexibility to customize the RT set-up
- ezDNase for genomic DNA removal is included
- Simplified genomic DNA removal step dramatically reduces the time of the entire reverse transcription protocol and reduces possible variation in gene expression due to RNA loss or damage during conventional DNase treatment
- Ideal for when reproducibility and reliability is the primary concern and when inhibitors in the RNA sample may interfere with cDNA synthesis, leading to biases in gene expression studies
- Improved resistance to a variety of inhibitors that can interfere with cDNA synthesis
- Robust and specific cDNA synthesis in a wide range of sample types
- Faster reverse transcriptase reaction that reduces incubation time from >50 min to 15 min including a simplified genomic DNA removal step
Purified from E. coli expressing the pol gene of M-MLV, modified to increase thermostability and half-life, processivity, inhibitor resistance and to reduce RNase H activity.
Performance and quality testing
Endodeoxyribonuclease, exodeoxyribonuclease, and ribonuclease assays; and yield and length of cDNA product.
One unit of SuperScript IV RT is the amount of enzyme required to incorporate 1 nmole of deoxyribonucleotide into acid-precipitable material in 10 min at 37°C using poly(A) oligo(dT)12-18 as a template/primer.
Unit reaction conditions
50 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.3), 4 mM MgCl2, 10 mM DTT, 50 mM KCl, 0.5 mM dTTP, 0.4 MBq/mL [3H]-dTTP, 0.4 mM poly(A) oligo (dT)12-18 and enzyme in 20 µL for 10 min at 37°C
|All components stored at -5 to -30°C|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok