GVS™ SwabCheck Escherichia coli 4mL/tube
E.Coli Swabcheck is used to detect the presence of Escherichia coli on surfaces using UV light. The presence of fluorescence using a longwave UV light source confirms the presence of E. Coli.
Supplier: GVS™ 10498402
- Used for the detection of Escherichia coli on surfaces. The presence of fluorescence using a longwave UV light source confirms the presence of Escherichia coli and any further confirmation is not required. MUG detects anaerogenic strain that may not be detected in the conventional procedure. Lactose is a source of energy. Casein peptone provides additional nutrients. The mixture of bile salts is inhibiting for gram-positive bacteria, particularly bacilli and fecal streptococci. The substrate 4-methylumbelliferyl-b-D-glucuronide is hydrolyzed by an enzyme, b-glucuronidase, possessed by most Escherichia coli and a few strains of Salmonella, Shigella, and Yersinia, to produce a fluorescent end product, 4-methylumbelliferone. The presence of Escherichia coli is detected by the appearance of fluorescence throughout the tube.
Features and Benefits:
- The right test for each type of contamination
- Qualitative and semi-quantitative hygiene control
- Sterile packed and ready-for-use
- Easy to handle
- Rapid results
- Long shelf-life
- Detection of the presence of fluorescence using a longwave UV light source confirms the presence of Escherichia coli and any further confirmation is not required.
The SwabCheck principle
- The surface is wiped with a cellulose swab and any bacteria collected are transferred via the swab into a tube containing a special medium with an indicator dye, which is then incubated.
- A single bacterium is sufficient to cause a color change.
- The SwabCheck is about 1000 times more sensitive than the conventional ATP method. This accuracy is particularly important in the food industry. With this simple method, it is possible to identify microorganisms such as Listeria monocytogenes, which must not be present in any concentration in food and beverages.
|E. Coli SwabCheck|
|to detect the presence of Escherichia coli on surfaces using UV light.|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok