Eisco™ Thermal Expansion Apparatus
Bar and gauge device shows expansion due to heating and contraction due to cooling.
Supplier: Eisco™ PH0378A
At normal temperature, the bar's length fits into the gauge's jaw and the bar's diameter fits into its hole. When the bar is heated, it fits neither jaw nor hole.
- Simple apparatus is made of a mild-steel bar, 4.3L × 0.4 in. dia. (110 × 10mm), on a wooden-handled rod
- Metal cast gauge slides over the ends of the bar
- 0.4 in. (10mm) bore in one arm to show expansion in diameter
- Heating expands bar length to prevent fit into gauge
- Overall length: 11 in. (280mm)
|thermal Expansion Apparatus|
|10.23 x 6.29 x 1.81 in. (26 x 16 x 3 cm)|
|For illustrating expansion by heating and contraction by cooling|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok