Thermo Scientific 9000 Series Glass Particle Standards
Replace polystyrene spheres in many applications with dry glass NIST-traceable size standards.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific 9005
Replace polystyrene spheres in many applications with Thermo Scientific 9000 Series Glass Particle Standards, dry glass NIST-traceable size standards. Glass microspheres can be used in any application that requires a NIST-traceable size standard with a narrow size distribution where sample conditions may not be suitable for polystyrene spheres. The glass microspheres provide a better tolerance to chemicals and solvents in addition to higher mechanical and thermal stability.The Glass Size Standards are highly uniform borosilicate or soda lime glass spheres calibrated with NIST-traceable methodology. Standards are ideal for the calibration of microscopes, light scattering instruments and other particle-measuring equipment. They are also used in laser light scattering studies and colloidal systems research.
- Mean diameters have been calibrated with Thermo Fisher Scientific's NIST-traceable microscopy methods
- Size distribution and uniformity are measured by optical microscopy
- Spheres are used instead of irregularly shaped particles to minimize the response of analytical systems to shape effects
- Products are packaged as dry spheres
- Packages are lot-numbered for convenient technical service and support after the sale
- 9000 Series products from 2µm to 20µm are made from borosilicate glass, have a particle density of 2.5 to 2.55g/cm3 and an index of refraction of 1.56 at 589nm (25°C)
- Products from 30µm to 2000µm are made from soda lime glass, have a particle density of 2.4 to 2.5g/cm3 and an index of refraction of 1.51 at 589nm (25°C)
Certificate of Calibration and Traceability to NIST, including description of the calibration method and its uncertainty, table of chemical and physical properties, and Material Safety Data Sheet with handling and disposal instructions.
Spacer applications where uniform bond thickness is a necessity.
Thermo Fisher Scientific has its own engineering, production and metrology facilities for better quality control and response to customer needs. In addition to this line of polymer size standards, we also offer calibration standards in silica and glass materials. Ask our technical service department for information about specific applications or other product needs not listed here.
|The 9000 Series is available as uniform particles of borosilicate or soda lime glass in a range of discrete sizes from 2 µm to 2000 µm. Calibrated and certified with NIST traceable mean diameters, they are suited for particle measurement applications. They also have a better tolerance to chemicals and solvents, and a higher mechanical and thermal stability.|
|5.1 ± 0.5µm|
|s = 0.6µm, 12% CV|
|Store at room temperature. Keep bottle tightly sealed to avoid contamination.|
|Narrow Size Standard Deviation Applications|
|Dry glass microspheres|
|5.1μm ± 0.5μm|
|Certificate of Calibration and Traceability to NIST|
|2.5 to 2.55g/cm³|
|1.56 at 589nm (25°C)|
|Product stable for a minimum of 24 months|
|Size Standard Particles|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok