Promotional price valid on web orders only. Your contract pricing may differ. Interested in signing up for a dedicated account number?
Acetone, MP Biomedicals™
Click to view available options
- It is a commonly used material in the manufacture of various chemicals like methyl isobutyl ketone, mesityl oxide, diacetone alcohol, acetic acid (via the ketene process), iodoform, and bromoform.
- Other products where acetone is utilized in manufacture include rayon, photographic films, and paint and varnish removers.
- In chemical synthesis, acetone has been utilized in the synthesis and isolation of both organic and inorganic compounds and complexes.
- These include t-butanesulfinamide, terpenes, thiol-stabilized gold colloids, calixphyrin macrocycles, and trispyrazolylborate platinum compounds.
- Acetone is also used in HPLC analysis of organic and inorganic species, including gold nanoparticle clusters and plant oils. Acetone has been utilized in protein crystallization.
|Assay Percent Range||≥99.5%|
|Solubility Information||Soluble in water.|
|Density||0.7905 - 0.793g/cm3(Lit.)|
|Refractive Index||n20/D 1.359(lit.)|
|Titratable Base||≤0.0006 meq/g|
|Vapor Pressure||184 mmHg (20°C)|
|Vapor Density||2.0 (air = 1)(Lit.)|
|Flash Point||-17°C / 1.4°F|
|Boiling Point||56.2°C (at 1013 hPa) (Literature)|
|Melting Point||-95.4°C D396(Literature)|
|Chemical Name or Material||Acetone, For ACS analysis|
|Show More Show Less|