C. Difficile Toxin/Antitoxin Kit
Uses a tissue culture format to detect the presence of cytotoxic activity (cell rounding) in fecal specimens and confirms the identification of C. difficile toxin by using specific antitoxin. Developed and Manufactured by TECHLAB, Inc.
Manufacturer: Abbott Rapid Diagnostics T5000
DescriptionClostridioides difficile produces two toxins, A and B. Toxin B, often referred to as the cytotoxin, is the toxin detected by the tissue culture assay.
- CPT Code: 87230
- Sensitivity: 99.2%
- Specificity: 100%
- Highly sensitive
- Lyophilized reagents
- Minimizes repeated testing of specimens containing high toxin levels
- Intended for use in conjunction with the tissue culture cytotoxicity assay for the confirmation of Clostridioides difficile toxin in patient specimens
- Kit includes a toxin control reagent and a specific C. difficile antitoxin for use in a tissue culture assay
- To be used as an aid in the diagnosis of C. difficile disease; results should be considered in conjunction with the patient history
- For in vitro diagnostic use
|Lyophilized C. difficile Toxin Control reagent (1mL) (Cytotoxic Titer of >10), Lyophilized C. difficile Antitoxin (3mL) (Prepared in Goats), Highly sensitive, Lyophilized reagents, Minimizes repeated testing of specimens containing high toxin levels|
|Detection of C. difficile Toxin in Fecal specimens|
|Clostridium difficile Toxin and Antitoxin Kit|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok