Eisco™ Andesite Specimen
Andesite Specimen for introduction to igneous rock classification and identifying minerals within igneous rocks.
Manufacturer: Eisco™ ESNG0040PK12
- Abundant phenocrysts in fine-grained matrix offer great demonstration of igneous porphyry
- For use in classroom identification labs and exercises
- Correlates well to Next Generation Science Standards Evidence Statements
- Texture and chemistry variation are useful for students learning about differing cooling rates
- The fine-grained felsic matrix contains larger, identifiable hornblende crystals, indicating two different rates of cooling
- Example of porphyry in igneous rocks
|Clear labeled and barcoded bag|
|2 to 3 cm|
|Introduction to igneous rock classification and identifying minerals within igneous rocks|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok