DescriptionCD OptiCHO™ medium is specifically designed to offer high performance and yield with recombinant CHO cells in a chemically defined fed-batch environment. The protein-free, animal origin free formulation is designed to provide consistency and reduces the need to screen for adventitious agents. CD OptiCHO™ medium builds on Gibco™ CD CHO’s legacy of consistent cell growth and titers, while offering up to 40% better titer and cell growth over select competitors. Thanks to its low osmolality and advancedCHO CD EfficientFeed™ Liquid Nutrient Supplement Kit feeding options, CD OptiCHO™ medium is capable of gaining 2-5 fold increases in fed-batch productivity over batch culture.
When to Use CD OptiCHO™ Medium
- You are using a transfected CHO cell line other than CHO K1, GS CHO or CHO-S™ cell lines
- Optimization of feeding strategies will be part of your base medium selection testing in an effort to maximize productivity
- Your CHO cell line is “finicky,” i.e. hard to grow or adapt
When to Consider Another Gibco™ Medium
Consider CD FortiCHO™ medium when:
- The cell line you are using is a transfected CHO K1, GS CHO or CHO-S™ cell line
- Maximum batch culture cell densities and protein titers are needed
- You have time to adapt cells into a new medium in an effort to maximize titers
- Cell health at harvest is a priority for downstream processing
Consider CD CHO medium when:
- Your GS CHO cells are recommended to be grown in CD CHO medium
- Your cells have been successfully cultured in CD CHO medium in the past and your process is nearing a regulatory filing (DMF available)
Consider CD DG44 medium when:
- You use parental DG44 or DXB11 CHO cells (dhfr-)
Dry Media Formulations
Gibco™ liquid media are available in an AGT™ (Advanced Granulation Technology) dry media format that is designed to provide increased consistency and productivity across all stages of production from development to commercial manufacturing. AGT™ media are manufactured animal origin-free with the same complete, serum-free, protein-free, chemically-defined formulation and performance as their liquid media counterparts.
Design Your Own Media Specific to Your Needs
Whether it’s a bench-level experiment or large scale biomanufacturing process, we offer specialized formats, packaging, and quality levels specific to your needs.
Safety and Handling
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok