GVS™ EC Broth with MUG Bottled Broth 9mL Vials
EC Broths with MUG for the detection of Escherichia coli in water, milk and food samples by fluorogenic means. MUG detects anaerogenic strain that may not be detected in the conventional procedure. Ready-to-use 9mL ampoule shortens prep time and minimizes possible contamination.
Manufacturer: GVS™ 10496709
- The presence of fluorescence using a long-wave UV light source confirms the presence of Escherichia coli (E.Coli) and no further confirmation is required.
- MUG detects anaerogenic strains, which may not be detected in the conventional procedure. Lactose is a source of energy.
- Casein peptone provides additional nutrients. The mixture of bile salts is inhibiting for gram-positive bacteria, particularly bacilli and fecal streptococci. The substrate 4-methylumbelliferyl-b-D-glucuronide is hydrolyzed by an enzyme, b-glucuronidase, possessed by most Escherichia coli and a few strains of Salmonella, Shigella and Yersinia, to produce a fluorescent end product, 4-methylumbelliferone.
Features and Benefits
- Pre-Sterilized and Ready to Use
- Time Saving, 9 mL Portions, Reduce Risk of Cross-Contamination.
- Optimal media stability, sterility, and reproducibility
- Less time-consuming, higher productivity
- Batch-specific quality certificate in each pack, Confirms Reproducibility and Reliability
- Microbiological analysis.
- Use with membrane filters to culture bacteria, yeasts, and molds.
- For the detection of Escherichia coli in water and food samples by fluorogenic means.
- MUG detects anaerogenic strain that may not be detected in the conventional procedure.
Ready-to-use media considerably reduce the preparation time in quality control laboratories and also effectively reduce the risks of cross contamination. GVS is cooperating closely with quality assurance managers in the industry in the development of its own media and test kits.
This intensive product development has produced a range of products that is being used to monitor production plants and conduct Microbiological checks on raw materials through to final product release in laboratories in more than 40 countries.
See 'GVS Life Sciences Microbiology Testing mpg YouTube' Video for further details on use.
|EC Broth with MUG Bottled Broth|
|Escherichia coli in water, milk and food.|
|Batch-specific quality certificate in each pack|
|with lactose, casein peptone, and bile salts.|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok