Thermo Scientific Imject Maleimide-Activated Ovalbumin is sulfhydryl-reactive ovalbumin (OVA) for hapten-carrier conjugation with cysteine-containing peptides and other thiolated antigens.Purified, carrier-grade ovalbumin has been modified with SMCC crosslinker to attach maleimide groups capable of forming covalent crosslinks with sulfhydryl (-SH) moieties on cysteine residues of peptides and other molecules. Immunogens are easily prepared from peptide antigens that have been engineered with a terminal cysteine residue as a precise conjugation point. Several antigen molecules can be attached per carrier protein molecule without blocking intended epitopes by crosslinking to primary amines or carboxylates within the peptide sequence.
- Maleimide-Activated Ovalbumin, supplied lyophilized in PBS (pH 7.2) with stabilizer
- Activated with 5 to 15 moles of maleimide per mole of ovalbumin
- Ideal for conjugating cysteine-containing peptide antigens to make immunogen or screening target
- Conjugation reaction complete in 2 hours; results in stable, covalent thioether bonds
- Single polypeptide protein with molecular mass of 45,000 daltons
- Contains 14 aspartic acid and 33 glutamic acid residues whose carboxyl groups account for the net negative charge (pI 4.63) of OVA
- Not as immunogenic as keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH) but more soluble in DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) for applications that require this solvent
- Useful as an irrelevant protein carrier for antibody screening and immunoassays after using KLH as the carrier protein to generate the immune response against the hapten
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok