Invitrogen Molecular Probes Amplex Red Cholesterol Assay Kit
Detects both free cholesterol and cholesteryl esters
Manufacturer: Invitrogen A12216
Designed for minimal autofluorescence interference, the Amplex Red Cholesterol Assay Kit provides a sensitive, rapid, and simple fluorometric method for detecting very low concentrations of cholesterol using a fluorescence microplate reader or fluorometer.
- Detects as little as 200nm (80ng/mL) cholesterol
- Helps accurately measure cholesterol content of 0.01µL of human serum
- Detects both free cholesterol and cholesteryl esters
- Allows for multiple time point measurements
- Designed for minimal autofluorescence interference
- Custom assay design and packaging are also available
Cholesterol Measurement is Simple and Fast
- Quick and easy assay, requiring only 30-minute incubation after addition of reagents with no separation steps required
- Assay volumne of 100µL is designed for 96-well plates
- Fluorescence can be measured with microplate reader or fluorometer
- Since the assay is continuous, once the Amplex Red reagent is added, multiple time-point measurements can be taken
- Complete kit with all necessary reagents except deionized water
- Utilizes enzyme-coupled reactions to produce highly fluorescent resorufin for quantitation
- Resorufin is produced by the reaction of the Amplex Red reagent with H2O2 produced from the cholesterol oxidase-catalyzed oxidation of cholesterol
- Large proportion of cholesterol in blood is in the form of cholesteryl esters and hence cholesterol esterase is used to produce free cholesterol from cholesterol esters
- Performing the assay in the presence and absence of cholesterol esterase potentially allows determination of the fractions of cholesterol in each form
Wide variety of validated Invitrogen Amplex Red assays are available for studying cell signaling and lipids, neurobiology, inflammation and immune function, and metabolism. We also offer Amplex UltraRed, a second-generation reagent providing greater sensitivity and brighter fluorescence and the Amplex Red/UltraRed stop reagent. The Amplex Red/UltraRed stop reagent provides convenience and control by allowing the fluorescence signal-generating reaction to be terminated at a user-determined time point. After addition of the stop reagent, the fluorescence signal remains stable for at least 3 hours.
Enzyme and Protein Activity Assays, Lipase and Phopholipase Activity, Proteins, Expression, Isolation and Analysis
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
Shipping Condition: Room temperature
|Store in freezer (-5° to -30°C); protect from light|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.