Invitrogen Staphylococcus aureus (Wood strain without protein A) BioParticles, Alexa Fluor 594 conjugate
Fluorescently labeled, heat- or chemically killed bacteria and yeast in a variety of sizes, shapes, and natural antigenicities
Manufacturer: Invitrogen S23372
Fluorescent products have been employed to study phagocytosis by fluorescence microscopy, quantitative spectrofluorometry, and flow cytometry
Unlike the fluorescence of fluorescein-labeled BioParticles conjugates, which is partially quenched in acidic environments, the fluorescence of the Alexa Fluor BODIPY FL, tetramethylrhodamine and Texas Red dye conjugates is uniformly intense over the pH range from 3 to 10.
- Label (Ex/Em): Alexa Fluor 594 (approx. 590/617nm)
- Particle: S. aureus (Wood strain, without protein A)
- Provided as lyophilized powders
- approximately 3 x 108 S. aureus particles per mg solid and approximately 2 x 107 zymosan particles per mg solid
- Conjugates can be reconstituted in buffer of choice for use in phagocytosis assays
- Conjugates that are bound to the surface of the cell (but not internalized) can be quenched by ethidium bromide, trypan blue, or other quenchers
- Fluorescent BioParticles conjugates may be effective as flow cytometry calibration references when sorting bacteria and yeast mutants
- Small particles may also be useful references for light scattering studies because their sizes and shapes differ in characteristic ways
Cell Analysis, Cell Structure, Cell Viability, Proliferation and Function, Cellular Imaging, Endocytosis, Exocytosis and Phagocytosis, Immunofluorescence (IF), Immunofluorescence Staining and Detection, Receptors
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
|Store in freezer (-5 to -30°C) and protect from light.|
|Alexa Fluor™ 594|
|Alexa Fluor™, BioParticles™|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.