Ni-NTA Magnetic Agarose Beads are used for small-scale affinity purification as well as high-throughput screening of recombinant His-tagged proteins. The polyhistidine tag is the most popular affinity tag and typically consists of six consecutive histidine residues (6xHis). Tagged proteins are overexpressed in a number of different systems, most commonly in bacteria, and purified from cell lysates such as those prepared using Thermo Scientific B-PER Bacterial Protein Extraction reagents. Purification of His-tagged proteins is achieved using an NTA chelate charged with nickel that coordinates with the histidine side chains. The NTA chelate contains four metal-binding sites that allow for low metal ion leaching and high binding capacity. The protocol for the Ni-NTA Magnetic Agarose Beads has been optimized to allow for high purity of the isolated His-tagged protein.
- High capacity—sufficient for both routine and demanding purification procedures; binds >70 mg of 6xHis-tagged protein per mL of settled resin
- High-performance and reproducible beads—non-aggregating, magnetite (Fe3O4), superparamagnetic beads provide exceptional uniformity for both manual and automated HTS purification applications
- Low nonspecific binding— optimized purification protocol results in better tagged-protein purification
- Versatile—purify proteins using native or denaturing conditions
- Compatible—use with Thermo Scientific Cell Lysis reagents and a variety of buffer additives
- Protein purification and isolation
- High throughput protein purification using automated magnetic particle processor
|Magnetic Agarose Bead|
|Metal Chelate, Divalent Nickel|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok