Sartorius Vivaspin 2 Centrifugal Concentrators: PES Membrane
Combines high speed with superior retentate recovery for concentrating very dilute solutions. Sartorius Vivaspin 2 Centrifugal Concentrators: PES Membrane feature twin vertical membranes, small internal surface areas and thin-channel chambers. Available in a range of MWCO and packaging quantities.
Manufacturer: Sartorius VS0252
DescriptionVivaspin concentrators are disposable ultrafiltration devices for concentrating biological samples. Vivaspin 2 is designed for use with samples from 500µl to 2mL in rotors that accept 15mL centrifuge tubes. The unique design provides high-speed concentrations for even particle-laden solutions and near-total concentrate recovery.
Twin vertical membranes and optimal design for fast, safe concentration
- Patented twin vertical membrane design for ultra-fast processing speeds
- In a single spin, solution volumes up to 4mL can be concentrated up to 30x in 530 minutes
- Thin-channel filtration chamber minimizes membrane fouling and increases filtration speed
- Dead stop pocket built into the bottom eliminates the risk of sample filtration to dryness
- High-flux PES membranes feature very low protein binding and low extractables
- Low internal surface and membrane area for superior recoveries from very dilute solutions
- Two methods for easy concentrate recovery:
- Directly pipet the concentrate from the dead stop pocket in the concentrator
- Reverse-spin the concentrate into the recovery cap, which can be sealed for storage
- Both methods provide near-total concentrate recovery of greater than 90%
- Volume graduation for easy monitoring of concentrate volume and 8µl dead-stop volume
- Universal compatibility with swing bucket or fixed angle rotors accepting 15mL centrifuge tubes
|Concentration, desalting and buffer applications|
|Swing bucket rotor: 4,000 x g
Fixed angle rotor: 9,000 x g (3 - 50kDa MWCO); 12,000 x g (100kDa+ MWCO)
|2mL (Fixed Angle Rotor); 3mL (Swing Bucket Rotor)|
Buy $1,500 or more in Sartorius products and get a Sartorius Tacta Pipette Multipack at no additional cost.
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok