Science First™ Colony Counter
Allows you to count microorganisms with ease and accuracy.
Supplier: Science First™ 6231050
Microorganisms are far too small to count with the naked eye. However, many of them join together to form visible colonies. To facilitate easy counting of these colonies, it is best to use a dedicated colony counter. Comes with instructions.
- Back-lit counting surface
- 1cm grid distribution; ergonomic angle
- Place sample of microorganisms into Petri dish, and place it on the lighted base
- The counter consists of a grid of 12 x 12 squares, each 1cm on a side
- Arranged in an “X” pattern from corner to corner, the squares are broken down into nine smaller squares, each one third of a centimeter on a side
- Take five or ten squares at random and count the number of colonies in each
- Add these counts together, and divide by the number of squares counted
- This will yield an average colony count per square
|Count microorganisms with ease and accuracy
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok