Invitrogen SuperScript III CellsDirect cDNA Synthesis Kit
Manufacturer: Invitrogen 18080200
The SuperScript III CellsDirect cDNA Synthesis Kit utilizes a simple protocol that takes less than 2 hours. Lysis and reverse transcription are performed in the same tube, and the resulting first-strand cDNA is ready to use in cloning and PCR.
- Compatible with a wide range of mammalian cell types grown under different treatment conditions
- Single-tube format minimizes reagent loss, sample loss, and handling time
- Total lysate volume is used in first-strand cDNA synthesis reaction, providing greater yields with a limited number of cells and allowing for detection of rare transcripts
- SuperScript III Reverse Transcriptase, with reduced RNase H activity and higher thermal stability, produces high yields of cDNA in the first-strand synthesis reaction, for greater sensitivity and enhanced detection of rare transcripts
- Generates high-quality cDNA for use in a variety of applications, including cloning and PCR
How it works
In traditional RT-PCR, RNA is first isolated from cells in a time-consuming procedure that can lead to a loss of material. Using the SuperScript III CellsDirect cDNA Synthesis System, the cells are lysed and the cDNA is generated from the lysate in a single tube with minimal handling and no sample loss. DNase I is added to eliminate genomic DNA prior to first-strand synthesis. This kit has been optimized for small cell samples, ranging from 10,000 cells down to a single cell (as measured by serial dilution). The use of SuperScript III Reverse Transcriptase ensures high specificity and high yields of cDNA from small amounts of starting materialas little as 10pg total RNA. After synthesis, the first-strand cDNA can be amplified with specific primers by PCR without intermediate organic extractions or ethanol precipitations.
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|cDNA Synthesis, RT-PCR (Endpoint), Real-Time PCR|
|SuperScript III RT, RNaseOUT Ribonuclease Inhibitor, Oligo(dT)20 primers, DNase I, DNase I buffer, EDTA, dNTP mix, 5X first-strand buffer, 0.1M DTT, RNase H, control RNA and primers, resuspension buffer, and DNase/RNase-free water|
|Store at -20deg.C|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.