DescriptionThe kit uses the linearized and topoisomerase 1-activated pCR-XL-2-TOPO vector, which is compatible with the cloning of blunt-end PCR fragments. Amplification of long PCR fragments is enabled by PlatinumSuperFi Green PCR Master Mix, which is included in the kit. Topoisomerase I activation of the vector allows PCR products to be ligated in just 5 minutes on your benchtop, resulting in high cloning efficiency (up to 90% positive recombinants with 10 kb fragments).
The pCR-XL-2-TOPO vector includes:
- ccdB gene for positive selection
- EcoR I site flanking the PCR product insertion site for easy excision of inserts
- Ampicillin- and kanamycin-resistance genes for your choice of selection in E. coli
- T7 promoter/priming site for in vitro RNA transcription and sequencing
- T7, T3, and M13 forward and reverse primer sites for sequencing
- TOPO XL-2 PCR Cloning Kits containing the pCR-XL-2-TOPO vector
- Platinum SuperFi Green PCR Master Mixfeaturing a proofreading DNA polymerase (>100X fidelity compared to Taq) with high processivity and a density gradient to generate accurate, long PCR amplicons ready to load onto an agarose gel for gel extraction
- PureLink Quick Gel Extraction and PCR Purification Combo Kitdesigned to purify DNA fragments from agarose gels or direct PCR purification using a silica-based spin cartridge in < 30 minutes
- One Shot OmniMAX 2 T1R Chemically Competent E. coli Cellsan improved chemically competent cell line, perfect for use in all cloning applications.
|TOPO Cloning Vectors|
The Fisher Scientific Encompass Program offers items which are not part of our distribution portfolio. These products typically do not have pictures or detailed descriptions. However, we are committed to improving your shopping experience. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok