Vernier Radiation Monitor
Detects alpha, beta, gamma, and X-ray radiation.
Manufacturer: Vernier VRMBTD
- Consists of a Geiger-Mueller tube mounted in a small, rugged, plastic case
- Requires no battery, getting power from the data-collection interface
- A thin window protected by a metal screen allows alpha radiation to be detected, along with beta and gamma
- Can be used to explore radiation statistics, measure the rate of nuclear decay, and monitor radon progeny
- Compatible interfaces: LabQuest 2, Original LabQuest, LabQuest Mini, SensorDAQ, LabPro, CBL 2, TI-Nspire Lab Cradle
- Recommended for College and High School levels
- Sensor: LND 712 (or equivalent) halogen-quenched GM tube with a mica end window, 1.5 to 2.0 mg/cm2 thick
- Sensitive to alpha, beta, gamma, and X-ray radiation
- Powered by interface connection
- Red LED blinks on radiation detection
Interface and software sold separately.
|Nuclear counting statistics, shielding, and decay rate measurements.|
|LND 712 (or equivalent) halogen-quenched GM tube with a mica end window, 1.5 to 2.0 mg/cm2 thick|
|From data-collection interface|
|Alpha, beta, gamma, and X-ray radiation|
We continue to work to improve your shopping experience and your feedback regarding this content is very important to us. Please use the form below to provide feedback related to the content on this product.
Your feedback has been submitted. Fisher Scientific is always working to improve our content for you. We appreciate your feedback.Ok